Last year, your contributions of more than $30,000 helped fulfill the Wishes of four injured veterans:
- A storage shed for a tractor used for land maintenance at the soldier’s Homes For Our Troops accessible home;
- A family trip to Walt Disney World, celebrating the soldier’s 20-years of marriage, years of sobriety and overcoming service-related depression;
- A sawmill and tractor for a soldier to create various projects in hopes of starting a small woodworking business; and
- A horse trailer to support a Marine’s goal of becoming the first amputee to participate in the Extreme Mustang Makeover Competition.
In 2015, Riding For Warriors successfully raised over $45,000 which supported five Wishes and sponsored two Marines who ran in the 2015 Marine Corps Marathon.
The five Wishes fulfilled were:
- Road bicycles for two Army veterans serving their communities as peer mentors to other veterans;
- A bass boat for an Army veteran who is actively engaged as the Veterans Minister in his East Texas community; and
- Woodworking tools and equipment for two service members seeking a new means of supporting their families upon separating from the Marine Corps.